EPIPHANY Z. CRUSH INTERVIEWS AUTHOR ANTHONY MITCHELL
Good evening, my readers and future readers! I am so happy that I've been having more time to conduct author interviews, because I love to support my fellow authors and to learn more about them. Today is Share Something Sunday, and I am sharing an interview with author Anthony Mitchell. Enjoy!!
(1) How old were you when you started writing?
I was around 10 when I started writing poetry. However, when I turned maybe 18, I decided to write a book about my life. Although it was not until I started college at 21, I decided to publish my journal of my challenges and achievements about living with my rare skin condition.
(2) What are the titles and genres of your published books?
My first book is titled "Living Without Sweat Glands" and my second book is titled "No Sweat." Both are autobiographies from living my life to transitioning to entrepreneurship.
(3) Tell us about your No Sweat Shop. How did you come up with its name, and what items/merchandise is available?
No Sweat Shop is my custom design clothing apparel company under my shopify store called No Stop Just Go No. I didn't intentionally change No Sweat Shop, but they carry the same meaning. I was born without sweat glands. I feel God blessed me with the strength to move forward. So, I decided to approach my goals and dreams as if they were no sweat as I lived my life without sweat glands. I sell these items on my website: t-shirts, long sleeves shirts, tank tops, beanies and hoodies.
(4) Which one of your books is your favorite and why?
No Sweat. I feel rebranding my book, using some of my poetry to follow the same theme of my book, gave a deeper love for doing it.
(5) What inspires you to keep writing?
God keeping me here to take on challenges every day... magnifying the power of prayer to me.
(6) How many hours a day do you write and how long does it usually take you to write a book?
I, periodically, write poetry mostly. You would think as long as I have been writing poetry, it would have been the first book. I can't put a time on the time it takes me to write, unfortunately. I have been learning and cultivating other gifts God has given me, so I have not published my poetry book yet. However, nearly all the poems that it will contain have been written.
(7) What is one of the most challenging things about being a writer?
I feel that learning the business is part of it, especially if you want to do that part yourself.
(8) Which do you enjoy most between writing books and being a motivational speaker?
Both carry their own joy. I feel writing can be done at any given time and the audience will get it later. With speaking you have designated dates, an idea of the audience that will be there, and responses are immediate.
(9) When I first became a published author, I heard several seasoned authors talk about the importance of knowing your audience. Who is your audience? Who do you write for?
I feel my audience is disabled /disadvantaged individuals whom I am working to inspire and educate in my mission.
(10) What was your favorite children's book as a child?
I would say Curious George because I feel that he was like me in so many ways.
(11) Outside of motivational speaking and writing, what are some things you enjoy doing?
Well, before I started learning about screenwriting, I enjoyed going to church, listening to music, and looking after my mom as often as I could.
(12) How can readers stay connected to you on social media? How can people in need of a motivational speaker get in touch with you?
I can be reached by me email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/anthony-mitchell-7a492261
Shopify Page: No Stop Just Go - https://no-stop-just-go.myshopify.com/?_ab=0&_fd=0&_sc=1
It was nice having this opportunity to interview you, Anthony. Thank you so much for your time, and I wish you the best on your upcoming poetry book.